Looking for a fun and easy Fall art project that’s colorful and creative? Or, wondering how to make a leaf project? I have great news! We have an awesome collection of amazing leaf art projects for kids of any age from preschool to teens! You’ll be amazed at how low prep and affordable autumn crafts can be with our unique ideas.
Fall Leaf Art Supplies
Wondering what you can make with fall leaves? This autumn art activity includes very simple materials with a lucky large leaf to paint to use as a stamp and a paint palette with a nice variety of colors.
- Large Leaf (oak, maple)
- Small Leaf
- Variety of Paints (Rainbow Colors)
- Large Paint Brush
- Black Marker
- White Cardstock Paper
- Paper cup filled with water
- Paper towel
Autumn Art Project Instructions
- Lay a large leaf flat on top of white cardstock paper.
2. Dip paint brush into purple paint and paint bottom area near stem as show below.
3. Dip paint brush in water, wipe clean with paper towel, and begin painting with a blue splash.
4. Dip paint brush in water, wipe clean with paper towel, and begin painting with a red splash on the left as shown below.
5. Time for the orange color. Dip paint brush in water, wipe clean with paper towel, and begin painting with an orange color.
6. Gently flip and flatten leaf over to use as a stamp.
7. Using another white cardstock sheet, push gently on leaf to ensure paint is transferred onto paper.
8. Slowly pull leaf off paper and admire the amazing transformation of colors.
9. Wait for leaf imprint to dry.
10. Draw a stem using a black sharpie or marker as shown below.
11. Try another smaller leaf and repeat process.
12. Fall Art Project is Complete.