Cross Easter Craft for Kids with step by step tutorial! If you are looking for a beautiful keepsake that the kids will enjoy making and displaying, you’ll love our Resurrection Craft. It’s a colorful display of hues using easy-to-find art materials right in your church, home, or classroom. Find more Easter Cross Crafts Here!
Be amazed at how gorgeous your Cross Easter project comes out with just a few strokes of chalk and blending. With our step-by-step written instructions and short video tutorial, there are no reasons not to try this easy Easter craft. Plus, our Easter Craft Project is perfect for any venue — classroom, homeschool, or Sunday School setting!
The best part about this special Cross Craft opens the doorway to talk about how important the Cross is with your kids or students. Remind them of how Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection is why we are all here today. It’s a perfect Resurrection Day keepsake!
Resurrection Craft Materials
- Cross Art Easter Craft Template
- White and Black Cardstock
- Clear Glue
- Chalk Pastels
- Double-Sided Tape
Easy Easter Craft for Kids Instructions
- Print Cross Art Easter Craft Template on white cardstock (preferred).
2. Using scissors, cut out the cross and heart carefully on the black lines’ outer edge. If the student is cutting, use safety precautions with scissors.
3. On black cardstock, add a cross in the middle of the paper with double-sided tape.
4. Use 6 color pastels following a pattern and color each section in increments. Stroke in a zig-zag type pattern with 2-inch sections of the cross, overlapping the cross edges. Follow a pattern of colors if desired: Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. Repeat until the entire edge of the cross is complete.
4. Begin rubbing pastel chalks with index finger for a blurred appearance.
5. Gently remove Cross Template.
6. Using double-sided tape or clear glue, carefully center the heart “He is Risen” on the cross. Glue or tape back of heart for reinforcement. Cross Resurrection craft is complete!
Would you like some more ideas for Easter Crafts? Try our Easter Activity Pack for all of your Sunday School, Homeschool, or Classroom needs below!