Looking for some fun art activities for your young ones? Try our Van Gogh Art Project for Preschoolers! Teach your child how to paint like famous artist Vincent Van Gogh and get their creative juices flowing. These gorgeous painting projects are great for keepsakes, gifts, and household decorations.
Who is Famous Artist Van Gogh?
Vincent van Gogh, one of the world’s most famous painters born in the mid-1800s, was a Dutch post-impressionist painter who created about 2,100 artworks. Many of his artistic abilities included creating around 860 oil paintings, interestingly most from the last two years of his life! One of his most famous paintings is Van Gogh’s Starry Nights and Sunflowers.
Van Gogh Art Project Materials
- Black Glue
- Black Cardstock
- Clear Elmer’s Glue
- White, Yellow, and Blue Chalk Pastels
Famous Artist Art Project Instructions
Here is how to get started on learning how to draw like famous painter Vincent Van Gogh. Using black glue gently swirl circles around black background cardstock as shown in the images below and video.
If you are doing this setup with very young students you might prepare their papers beforehand. It will take time to dry, and not every young student will be able to squeeze the bottle.
Using clear Elmer’s glue, make some swirls and designs in between the black glue. This will help give your project dimension and 3D effect.
3. Let painting dry thoroughly.
3. Taking your white color chalk, follow the pattern as shown in step by step video instructions. Repeat using yellow and blue pastels.
4. Using pointer finger, blend in all colors for a final touch.
5. Frame your beautiful artistic creation and give as a gift or hang on the refrigerator as a keepsake.
Looking for more creative projects with famous artists? Try these…
Leave a Reply