First Grade Mini OfficeValerie Mcclintick
Today I have a fantastic expansion set to add to our Mini Office Printables!
Our Mini office has been an amazing resource for my son’s Preschool and Kindergarten years, and I wanted to make sure I added in a few First Grade items for his upcoming year.
I decided to offer this as a First Grade Expansion Pack and it’s full of helpful resources you can use with your students
So What is a Mini Office?
A Mini Office is basically a custom built learning resource for your student. The goal of a mini-office is to serve as a self led reference chart for children, freeing up time for teacher to work with other students and encouraging children to find answers to their own questions. The benefit of making a mini office is also in the size and the minimal supply list. All you’ll need is a couple of file folders, scissors, glue, and your printable pages.
(It’s near the bottom as I’ve got assembly instructions and other expansions available there as well)
What’s Included in this Expansion Pack:
- Telling Time (clock with moveable hour and minute hands, 5 minute intervals around)
- Place Value Blocks (written word, number form and place value up to 1000)
- Shape Symmetry (visual depiction of a line of symmetry)
- Skip Counting (numbers 2-12, up to 12 numbers. First Grade Use: 2, 5, 10, and maybe 3)
- Rounding Numbers (Visual Rounding Clown to help children round and estimate)
- Writer’s Glove (The 5 W’s: Who, What, Where, When, and Why for writing sentences)
- USA State Map & Compass (State Names as well as Directional Compass for daily practice)
- My Address/My Phone (Use as Reference and Practice)
My son won’t be starting his First Grade year until this September, so I might add a few more updates to this pack by then. Be sure you are subscribed to our newsletter if you’d like updates on available resources!