>Look what Santa left under the tree this year…..
May I officially introduce to you:
December 25, 2010
8 lbs 13 oz
21 inches long
He is happy and healthy, and growing quickly!
Just a short Birth Story:
(not as frantic as Monkey’s, but interesting none-the-less)
1. Christmas Eve, Mild contractions….better sleep!
2. Contractions through the night….better get up!
3. Kids are up for Christmas…..trying to smile through contractions as they open stockings.
4. Get through about half our presents before heading to the hospital.
5. Contractions are about 7 min apart.
6. Immediately upon arriving contractions are at 3 min apart, 8 cm,
(Whats that Miss Nurse? No time for an epidural? Whaaa?…Can’t Hear You?)
7. I declare, “I’m not going to do this.”
8. Hubby nods and agrees with me, “Okay, Hunny.”
9. “Seriously. I’m not pushing……Not going to do it.”
10. The nurse is laughing. Too loud.
11. “Just Shusssh” I tell her.
(This marks the first time I’ve “lost it” on a nurse.)
12. I cringe writing that I actually said that, In front of all the other people in the room.
13. In my defense……..well………Sigh.
14. Eventually I am offered a shot…..in a place that I can’t believe and won’t mention.
15. Not happening.
16. Then a Miracle!
17. I almost cried when I saw him.
18. A curly headed brown haired….
19. Anesthesiologist came in the room
20. “Thank You Lord” is all I can say.
21. Immediately after the epidural I pushed for about 5 minutes
22. And another brown haired blessing came into my life!
He is just about the cutest thing I ever saw,
But I keep calling him “Monkey”…..You can see why:
We are busy trying to find our “routine” here, and wondering just how exactly we’re going to start up school again in two days….
So I need all your tips and tricks for homeschooling with new baby!
(and bigger baby)