Try Audible & Download TWO Free Audiobooks Today!
Let’s face it. Homeschooling is hard.
I have been homeschooling since 2006, (that’s over 10 years of my life invested so far), and with my fourth (and final) child entering grade school next year, you can believe I’ve spent a good chunk of time researching ways to cut corners and save myself some time without sacrificing my children’s education in the process.
One tip I learned long ago is that
Audiobooks can SAVE you from a Homeschool Disaster Day.
You know you have them too.
Those days when NOTHING gets done right.
Well, that’s when you pull out the Audiobooks,
Because, let me tell you something:
Audiobooks are Magic.
And when you play the magic files on your computer/tablet/phone/car radio…..it will keep your children enthralled for hours upon end.
Just think of all the relaxing hours on the road listening to a story instead of bickering
Sometimes you might have to turn the volume up a bit, but they will get the hint eventually.
And where does one find this type of Homeschool magic?
Audible is so amazing that they will give you TWO FREE Audiobooks just for trying them out.
Why Use Audiobooks in your Homeschool Classroom?
- Audiobooks are Magic (quite car rides anyone?)
- Great Resource for Auditory Learners
- Multi-Sensory Learning if Child Listens and Reads
- Subjects Connect with Academic Topics
- Biographies, Novels, Textbooks Available
- Historical Fiction is great for Family Conversation Starters
- Mom needs a BREAK like yesterday!
Now that you’ve signed up for your two free Audiobooks
Are you Wondering what to pick?
Let me give you some titles from our own Homeschool library.
These are books chosen not only because the content could be linked in with specific academic topics, but the delivery was engaging and reader kept our attention.
Recommended Historical Fiction
- The Golden Goblet (Ancient Egypt)
- A Single Shard (12th-century Korea)
- Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry (Civil Rights/Segregation)
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (Africa/Famine/Innovation)
- Number the Stars (Holocaust)
- Esperanza Rising (Mexico/California/Great Depression)
- The Lions of Little Rock (Arkansas 1958/Segregation)
- ECHO (Magic/Germany/Music)
- Anne Frank The Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank’s Diary)
- The War That Saved My Life (WW2/Disability) *Some Language at the end*
Recommended Text Books
- A History of US (US History)
- Apologia Science
- Apologia What We Believe Series
Other Recommended Titles:
- Wonder (Compassion/Uniqueness)
- Hatchet (Adventure/Survival)
- Starry River of the Sky (Chinese Folklore)
- Where the Red Fern Grows (Adventure/Friendship-Dogs)
- The Giver
- Island of the Blue Dolphins (Indian Girl/Survival)
There are so many more titles on our Audible wishlist but Those have been our favorites so far!
I’ll be sure to update the list as we continue our homeschool journey!
Do you have a favorite Audiobook title to share? Let me know in the comments below, I’m always looking for good ones!