Claude Monet Craft

Claude Monet Craft

monet craft for kids

This week we revisited our Famous Artist studies,
and added Monet to our list!

If you’re new to our blog we’ve been using The World’s Greatest Artist series to
take a mini-survey of various artists and their work.

It’s a pretty low-key approach.
We read the book. Look at the art.
Then we make our own.

The real learning occurs over the following weeks/months/years
in which I bring up things like;

“Hey Bubba, Look at those water lilies, they look just like that artist….” or
“Hey Sissy, check out that billboard! They are using that cool Pop-Art style…..”

And the conversations and natural learning run wild from there.
You just can’t keep them from telling you what they remember.

way better then a paper test if you ask me ;)

Well, this week we broke out the masking tape
(inspiration via: Frugal Family Fun Blog)

famous artist crafts for kids

And we broke out the paint.

claude monet craft children

We tried our best to be patient:

world's greatest artists

And we were rewarded with these beautiful representations of
Monet’s Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies

These are keepers for sure!

Check out the Full PhotoTutorial,
and more Famous Artist Crafts here

Share:

Comments (12)

• Sally {with eager hands} Reply

Promptly pinned!

August 31, 2011 at 3:58 am
  • kelli-AdventurezInChildRearing Reply

lovely! I’m pinning it too! :)

August 31, 2011 at 11:18 am
  • Emily Reply

I just started following your blog and I love your hands on ideas! I am piecing together a preschool “curriculum” for my boys and just checked out the Picasso book from the same serious you mentioned. I have a few ideas for art projects to do with them and I hope I’ll be able to share them with you. Right now my blog is more of a journal of our lives, with learning activities sprinkled in, but I will be adding more as I’m adding more to our daily living. Thanks for sharing!!

August 31, 2011 at 11:36 am
  • Chelita Reply

Lovely!

September 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm
  • Noline Reply

Great idea. The simplest ideas are often the best, aren’t they? I am looking for some ideas for my niece over the December holidays, so will check in again to see what other ideas you have. Thank you…

October 11, 2011 at 3:45 am
  • Deep Space Sparkle – Best Art Lessons Reply

[…] Claude Monet Art Lesson by The Crafty Classroom This lesson had many of us smacking the sides of our heads. What a perfect “water lily” lesson for the little ones. Fauve Fauve’s by Grade 3 by There’s a Dragon in My Art Room I love Phyl’s post on the Fauves.It was inspirational, colorful and explained the period really well. Love this lesson. Is there an art project that you want to try this year? What is your comfort zone? What do you shy away from? I hope this is the year you will try one thing that you have never tried before. And if it fails, no problem. Afterall, it’s all about the process of creating art. Missed part one and two? The Organized Art Teacher: Organizing and Storing Lessons The Organized Art Teacher: Lesson Planning […]

December 30, 2011 at 5:32 am
  • Char Reply

brilliant. Thanks for sharing this idea!

May 13, 2012 at 11:43 am
  • Amanda Reply

I love this project. I am a HUGE Monet fan. I’ll will try this with my firsties next year!
    Thanks.

June 23, 2012 at 6:41 pm
  • Betsy Reply

I love these! The masking tape idea is brilliant! Was it pretty easy to peel off or do you think painter’s tape would work better? Did you use regular construction paper or something more sturdy? Sorry for all the questions, but my class will be making Monet paintings next week and now I really want to use tape for the bridge! Thanks for the inspiration!

August 18, 2012 at 7:04 am
    • Julie J

I did this project at home and the tape ripped the paper. I used masking tape and construction paper. What did you use?

September 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm
  • Arron Reply

Excellent, what a weblog it is! This web site provides helpful information
    to us, keep it up.